How We Celebrate World Read Aloud Day 2017

February 16, 2017


"You can find magic wherever you look. 
Sit back and relax all you need is a book"
-Dr. Seuss

Read Aloud. Change the World. This year, World Read Aloud Day is on February 16, 2017. World Read Aloud Day points out worldwide the significance of reading aloud and sharing stories.

Let me give you a short background on #WRAD. World Read Aloud Day was created in 2010 by LitWorld  a renowned literacy organization, to motivate the people to celebrate the power of words and create a community of readers to share the message that Read Aloud is a powerful act of social engagement that can change lives.


image courtesy of  www.litworld.org

Millions of people in over 100 countries is celebrating the beauty and power of the read aloud today.

In our home, I always read aloud to my son every night. I read a story, a poem, a news article, anything that I can read to him. This is part of his routine before going to bed and honestly, our reading session is always fun! This is one of our bonding moments together. I think parents plays a big role in developing the reading habit for kids. (Luigi's mom is a librarian and a reader by the way!). This is the Gift of Reading.

In honor of World Read Aloud Day, let me share to you how we celebrate the special day. This time, instead of Mommy reading, Luigi is the one who read aloud.

The title of the book is Finding Dory:Ocean of Color. 
 As you can see, the book is already damaged because he reads it over and over again. This is his favorite book. Sometimes he has the habit of keeping the book under his pillow.


Luigi - The boy who loves to read

I would like to take this opportunity to thank my UP Diliman Professors Teacher Nemah, Teacher Hazelle and Teacher Portia for teaching me how to appreciate children's literature, and discover the love of reading for kids. And also to my Librarian friends  Ms. Ann, Sir Darrel and Ms. Zarah. who gives me tips, materials, and recommend books for children. These are the people who inspires and motivates me to read aloud to my son. Thank you guys! I will share more stories as we journey together. 









image courtesy of www.allposters.com

How about you? How did you celebrate World Read Aloud Day? Please share your story.


Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...