Deliberately Mom's Pregnancy Preparation

I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) and the OB explained to me that I will have difficulty on getting pregnant but I did not lose hope so  I took medicines and regular check up even praying for a miracle because deep inside I wanted to experience to become a mother. Hey I wanted to see my "little Rhoda".

I can still remember and feel my emotion four years ago when I found out that I was pregnant. I cried, smiled, scared, worried... I can't explain my emotion. I know it is a MIRACLE. The baby is GOD's GIFT to me. And I am so BLESSED. 

My pregnancy is unplanned but we welcome it with open arms (and embraced it!)


Pugong at 4 weeks 


Here's what I did:
  • I talked to the father of my baby, discussed the plan and everything.
  • Discussed it with my family. They are surprised but they supported my decision. (that is what I like in my family)
  • Discussed it with my Boss. She is like a second mother to me. She gave me tips and advice on pregnancy and even made adjustments on my schedule of work.
  • Announced it with my close friends. They are full of joy and very excited for the addition in  the "little gang"
Here's some of the TIPS for New Moms



  • Visit an OB. I have had a bad experience with the First and Second OB that I visited. Luckily, I've found an OB who is not only pretty but also maintains good relationship with her patients. She is always available to answer my questions. She is like 24/7 doctor for me. 
  • Get rid of STRESS. I hate TRAFFIC. I am stressed on traffic. From Las PiƱas to Cavite and vice versa.... I usually experience head ache and pain on my lower back when stuck in traffic. So what I did is I take a leave of absence on my work.  Also, Stay away from PEOPLE who can make you STRESS. Focus on your pregnancy, focus on your baby.
  • Exercise. Exercise is a good way of getting rid of stress. I usually take a brisk walk in the park. It made me a Fit Preggy.
  • Cut out the bad stuff. Stay away from Alcohol, Smoke, Caffeine. Okay... I am a coffee lover and I avoided it for my baby and that is my big sacrifice. 
  • Good food = Good for Baby. Eat healthy foods. when I say healthy means NO fast food please. Remember, you are not only feeding yourself but also you are feeding the baby too. Take prenatal vitamins which is recommended by your OB
  • Talk to your partner. Pregnancy is an emotional time for couples. A baby will bring about some major changes in every couple's relationship - well before the baby is even born! Simply sharing your feelings with each other is a huge step towards understanding the range of emotions you will both feel during your pregnancy. It's also important to remember that no feeling is 'right' or 'wrong' for any particular stage of pregnancy.
  • Discover your hidden talent. Because I was on leave when I was pregnant, I discovered that I can cook! I tried cooking healthy foods. I also discovered blogging. :)
  • Have a Pregnancy Portrait. With all the curves, I can say that the women is in their sexiest when they are pregnant.
  • Have a Support Group. No one can understand you but those people who also experience the same like you. I joined the PREGGY GROUP. We exchange preggy journals, shared what we experienced and what we are experiencing. I also gain new friends.
  • Stay Positive and be happy. Surround yourself with positive and happy people. I am so lucky to have family and friends who supported me and excited for the baby.

Having a child is a blessing because not everyone was given a chance to become a Mom. How about you? How's your pregnancy preparation? Please share it to us.









Comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...